Monday, January 10, 2011

Diary of a Bride: Heather




Heather and Shawn

June, 18, 2011









Q: How did you meet?
A: Shawn and I were informed about one another through my cousin and Shawn's friend. Shawn found my Myspace page and it went on from there.

Our first date was very fun. Since we are both dog lovers, we broke the ice by going for a dog walk. We then went to dinner, played at the arcade, and went to see the movie 21.











Q: When did he propose?
A: Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Q: How did you get engaged?
A: Shawn and I had been discussing marriage for a couple months before the actual proposal. When we decided that we were going to do it, Shawn took me to pick out my engagement ring.

I went to work just like any other day, and Shawn was on vacation during the week of the proposal. When I came home that night, Shawn had a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a meal with all of my favorite dishes made. There was only one problem. Shawn used a grill that he had just purchased a couple of days before to make the meal, and the grill caught on fire. The food was a bit burnt, but the night was still perfect.

Before we ate, Shawn got down on one knee and popped the question. (He said that if my answer is yes, Radar (the ring bearing dog) would get a steak of his own. So, couldn't say no!)
Of course, I said yes!

Q: What's been the best part of planning?
A: I would have to say that the best part of planning is finding the dress and the jewelry. I have also had a lot of fun going over some of the wedding details with close friends and family.

Q: What's been the worst part of planning?
A: For me, the worse part of planning would be making sure no one gets their feelings hurt when doing some of the planning. It is sometimes hard to get all of the main people together to go for the dress fitting and other important details like that.








Q: Is there anything else you want to share?
A: When I started the planning process, I thought that I would not have any problems planning the wedding with just the help of my family and friends. I found very quickly that there are so many small details to be taken care of. The process begin to become more work than fun. When I hired my planner, Kristie Wright, she took over all of the things that would have taken me hours upon hours to research and decide on. She had so many great ideas and so many wonderful contacts, the planning process became fun again. I am so happy that I hired my planner :)

Thanks for the shout out Heather!
We love our brides!
Planner Girl:)

No comments:

Post a Comment