Monday, January 24, 2011

Diary of a Bride: Shauna

Shauna and Arthur
April 30, 2011

Q: How did you meet?
A: I met Arthur several years ago when he was teaching the singles Sunday school class. A couple of years passed and I was on Facebook on Memorial Day weekend 2008 and I came across his page. I took a chance and emailed him to see if he would like to meet for coffee sometime and catch up. He wrote me back and said yes, so on that Sunday evening, we met at church and after the service we went to eat at Bravos. From that night on we have been together.

Q: How he proposed?
A: We went to Jackson to visit his family one weekend in May 2010. While we were there we decided to go to Memphis for the Memphis in May Bar-B-Que Festival. At the time his sister Frances was living in Memphis so we stopped to get her and all went to the festival together. We ate lunch on Beale Street. After we took Frances home, Arthur started driving around town showing me all the places he had grown up when he was a child. He pulled into First Baptist Church of Memphis. The parking lot was empty and he was determined to go inside. I finally got out of the car and we went to the front of the church. Of course the doors were locked because it was a Saturday. I was ready to get back into the car in the air conditioning because it was extremely hot that day. He started talking about how he was saved at that church and how special that church was to him. Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was very surprised. We hugged and of course I said yes. We drove back to his parent’s house and had a great dinner with his family.

Q: The best part about planning a wedding?
A: Getting back in touch with a friend I had lost contact with. I always knew that Leigh, my best friend from 6th grade on would be my maid of honor. We had lost touch over the past several years but I couldn't imagine my wedding without her standing beside me. I was able to get in touch with her and she is my maid of honor and her daughter Caroline is going to be one of my flower girls. We have had fun talking and picking out dresses together. She was with my mom and me when I found my dress. She is actually the one who picked it out for me to try on.



Q: The worst part about planning a wedding?
A: I had no idea how much detail went into planning a wedding. I always thought it would be so simple. Little did I know!!!! The cost of things really surprised me too. If it wasn't for Kristie, I would have lost my mind along time ago. She has saved me and my mom a lot of worry. I know she is the best.

Photos provided by Rosewood Photography

We love our brides! 
Planner Girl:)

No comments:

Post a Comment